Study participants were told to ask each other a list of questions. Asking and answering the questions generated positive feelings and created closeness and intimacy. According to the article, a couple hooked up and got married afterward. If you’d like to conduct your own informal survey and study, here are the questions.
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, who would you want to be your dinner guest?
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
3. Before making a phone call, do you ever “rehearse” what you are going to say? Why?
Then, the questions get increasingly more personal…
4. Complete this sentence. “I wish I had someone with whom I could share…”
5. When did you last cry in front of a person? By yourself?
Let me know how it goes for you!
PS: The study referenced was performed by Arthur Aaron et al. It appeared in the Social and Psychology Bulletin.